Saturday, January 1, 2011

The G.O.A.T: Bill Russell

Hopefully all of our readers had a safe and happy New Year! We are taking a couple days off to regroup and get focused. So in the spirit of "dropping knowledge" and giving our people some food for thought we want to share a piece our friends over at truehoop.com did on Bill Russell.
Many people forget that the Civil Rights movement not only helped African Americans but all races including Puerto Ricans. Nobody did more to help change the perception of professional athletes than Bill Russell. When my sons or anyone else ask me who was the greatest basketball player of all time, my answer is going to be Bill Russell. As my father taught me many years ago,the numbers never lie!



http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/23432/bill-russell-the-jackie-robinson-of-basketball