Thursday, September 9, 2010

Betancourt Getting Major Looks at Montrose Christian

It's only been a couple of weeks since Class of 2011, PG Carmelo Betancourt left PR and started classes at Montrose yet his name is ringing from coast to coast. IPRB confirmed earlier today tons of coaches have been on campus including Hall of Fame Coach, Gary Williams from University of Maryland and Coach Tony Bennett from University of Virginia both ACC schools.
A source who has seen Melo's workouts confirmed that Melo has really impressed everyone who has seen him and seems to have convinced many that his size will not prevent him from playing for a top 20 program.

IPBB spoke to Carmelo tonight who said,"I'm really enjoying myself, this place is so professional! My classes are small so I have to work hard and the teachers are really helping me. I was a little nervous at first as I have never had to practice in front of coaches like this but I see now why it is so important to be in shape and work hard. I'm really glad I came here".