Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Calapari Denies Contact With Dominican Federation ( Video Link Included)

Several media sites including the Associated Press and Sports Illustrated reported earlier today that Coach Cal has not had any contact with the Dominican Basketball Federation.

Calipari was quoted in the Louisville Currier Journal,

"“I've been not been contacted by anybody,” Calipari said. “It would be an honor to be considered for something like that, but I don't know (the) time frame. I don't even know if I could do it. Where that got started, or whether they're considering asking, I don't know.”

An additional quote which was printed in several media outlets had Calipari saying,“There's stuff out there, but no one's come to me and said this is what it would mean.

IPRB has been very careful in the specific language we've used and while we cannot and will not
contradict Coach Calipari's statements today, we stand firm in our position.

See the video interview link below,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il7TEx6eUTU&feature=player_embedded#!